- a small schoolroom, 18 x 7m, and 3m (10 feet) high,
- a room for the master and
- five small bedrooms for boarders.
- the range linking to the Schoolmaster’s House was converted into a house for the second master.
Gargrave Roadwas opened. The site was sold in May 1878, although the plan of the lots includes the gardens, no reference was made to the grotto. Following the sale it appears that the gardens were left to go wild.